top of page


  • Facebook Social Icon

PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT is a form of Planning Consent which is your right. In some cases this right can be removed by a planning condition or an "Article 4 Direction" imposed by the Local Planning Authority. Although you don't have to apply for Permitted Development, if you want to sell your house at any point in future, you will need a Certificate of Lawful Development from the planning department to prove you have permission for this type of residential enlargement.

In some cases, Permitted Development allows you to extend more than Planning Permission. For this reason, some residential applicants apply for their permission in stages to maximise what they can be approved for. In the last few years, Permitted Development Rights have been extended to include a wide variety of commercial Changes of Use Class of a building giving businesses and building owners far more flexibility, however, in many cases, Prior Approval from the Local Planning Authority must still be sought.

Hourly prices from £36 - £50, no VAT

Based in London but serving all England

© 2017 by Planning Consent UK Ltd    |    Company Registered # 10630977

|     Based in London serving England     |

bottom of page